Last four Christmas Tags for 2014

 

Here are the last four tags from my 12 Tags of Christmas inspired by Tim Holtz 2011 12 Tags of Christmas, I finished the off on Christmas Eve – it was great to spend a hot afternoon, in my cool studio!

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas 2011 Tag 09

 

Tag number 9 uses a faux enamel technique with Distress Ink and heat embossing, a very cool background.  Once I’d cut the Holiday Lamppost die with chipboard I painted with Brushed Pewter Distress Paint and then added a little bit of Black Soot to age it, giving a great aged look. I cut the foliage from Tattered Pinecone Die along with the holly from the lamppost, inked them and added them to the lamppost with some red pearls, a piece of ribbon and a couple of tiny bells that were in my stash.  I cut the word and flourish with my Cuttlebug then added Glossy Accents and some pearls.

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas 2011 Tag 10

For those of you who do image transfers Tag 10 is another, very cool, way to do them.  I used a couple of images from the Tim Holtz Seasonal Paper Stack, on packing tape, then mounted onto two Tim Holtz Idea-ology Findings Facets.  I cut a banner from Tattered Banners Die, and coloured some alphabet stickers with Distress Paint.

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas 2011 Tag 11

 

Tag number 11 had two major techniques: Distress Ink on glossy cardstock – looks fabulous and is permanent once heat set.  The other technique is using shrink plastic with clear UTEE or Opals.  Tim melted UTEE into a melting pot and used that heat to melt the shrink plastic.  I decided to try shrinking the items and then coating them in clear Opals; from what I can tell, this technique gives a similar effect and was much easier.  The backs are coloured with Alcohol Ink, and the shapes were cut from shrink plastic using Holly Branch Die.

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas 2011 Tag 12Tag 12 was quite a fun tag with no Christmassy colours!  I used some printed tissue paper I had in my stash to cover the tag and to make the flower, and I used kitchen foil on thin chipboard to make the faux dresden paper – such cool look, especially with the shadowson the letters.  For the dress form I used a mould and the quick setting resin, then I mounted her over a Filigree Flower from PaperVine.  The house shape was handcut and painted with Distress Paint then inked with Distress Ink.

I really enjoyed making all these tags, playing with techniques and products.  And now my studio is tidy and ready for my New Years projects.

I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season and relaxing, as well as getting some time to play!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *