Among all the busyness of the past few weeks, I’ve had the chance to make some projects using beautiful Prima products. (Warning: there are lots of photos in this post!)
I got some flowers from Free Spirit range, some roses and some flat flowers, and I also had some lovely metal roses from Finnebar. I started out with part of a polystyrene ball in the middle, covered with some of the flat flowers, and then started to add the 3D roses. For the metal roses, I took the flat flowers and cut them into separate petals so that there was colour in between the metal petals.
Once I had added all the flowers, I then finished off the display with some twirled stems (I separated them from the flowers so I could add where I wanted) and a little stamped sign that says ‘Always’. So now I can enjoy both the flowers and the butter dish!
Today (Saturday 25 April) is Anzac Day, a time to remember the men and women who served our country. As this is the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli landing, there has been quite a big build up, and I wanted to remember some of my ancestors who fought and died in WW1. My Great Nana had six brothers, five of whom signed up to fight for England. Great Great Uncle John was killed on the Somme in August 1918, and Great Great Uncle Joe served in the Royal Navy in both WW1 and WW2; neither of these men left any direct descendants, so I feel it is even more important for us to remember them.
I found old records (again while op-shop browsing!) and thought they would make great covers for a book, and they work really well with The Archivist collection. I cut circular pages, distressed the edges, and inked with chalk ink. I was able to punch holes in the records using my crop-a-dile. I want to preserve the integrity of the records, so I cut circles for the labels, not covering the whole record. These five brave men fought for England, so I wanted to include an English-style poppy on the front, as well as the New Zealand one, to link the past and present. There has also been an Anzac 50 cent coin released, so I added one of these to the front of the book too. The last embellishment was a clock from the Wood Icons set. And I made the title with one of Dymos.
My Great Uncle Harry did a lot of family genealogy and I have been lucky enough to get pictures and information from him. The first page in my book has a copy of an article in the local paper in 1915, about these five brothers. I added another Wood Icon and a light bulb from a packet of Junkyard Findings.
My third project is a little book for my work desk – and I appropriately used the Coffee Break collection for this.
I started out with a 6×6 pad, and cut all the pages with a pink cardstock base and patterned paper pages using build your own mini album cutting files on the Silhouette. I then inked all the edges with chalk ink before assembling all the pages.
I found some of my favourite quotes, and printed them all out on a variety of Dymo machines and wheels, giving me a cohesive look but different fonts.
Each quote was mounted onto some paper (left over from cutting the pages), then onto chipboard for a 3D effect.
Next was embellishing the pages. I had a pack of 3D Coffee Break stickers which also include coordinating bling. I also used some more Junkyard Findings (LOVE these), some mini flowers, and Coffee Break stamps coloured with watercolour pencils and fussy cut out.
This book is now a fat and fun book that I can glance through and smile at during my Coffee Break!
Thank you for bearing with me until the end of this long post, and I hope you’ve found something to inspire you!